North Bus Terminal, Cebu City
- Bus going to Danao
Non A/C bus leaves as early as 3:00 am or 4:00 am
Fare: PHP 70.00
Inform the conductor that you will get off at the Danao Port
Travel time: 30 minutes to 40 minutes ( no traffic)
- If you don’t want to travel all the way to Danao, you can also catch a ferry from Cebu Wharf
Danao Port and Cebu Port Ferry Schedule click here
Ocean Jet click here
Jomalia Shipping Corporation click here
- Last option: Ouano Wharf at Mandaue City at 11:00 am
Danao to Camotes Island
Fare: PHP 200.00 ( tourist / aircon)
PHP 80.00 ( economy)
Terminal Fee: PHP 5.00
Travel time: 2 hours
Mangodlong Paradise Beach Resort
- Free pick up to/from Consuelo port
- You are not allowed to check-in early. You can leave your things at the reception area if you decided to tour the island.
- Welcome drinks are served upon arrival of the guest
- Resort was well maintained. Staffs were very attentive.
- The beach front room was spacious and well equip (closet, fridge, coffeemaker, TV, tables and chairs at the veranda) . A few steps from the white sand beach. The room comes with buffet breakfast
- The receptionist can reserve ferry tickets going back to Danao.
Cheap accommodation click here
Airbnb click here
Tour / Motorcycle Rental
Mr. Micheal +6393666684545
PHP 400.00 (motorcycle rental)
PHP 500.00 (with driver)
We recommend him because:
- Great driver and tour guide. He is very careful on the road and made sure we were comfortable
- He can look after your things or take pictures for you
- We told him that we wanted to rest at the resort and asked to pick us up later that evening to visit Santiago Bay, which he did, on time.
Entrance Fee: PHP 15.00
A guitar shaped lake in the island. You can ride a boat around the lake for a fee of PHP 500.00 and horseback riding for PHP 50.00
or try a local food for PHP 10.00
Entrance Fee: PHP 10.00
This beach felt secluded and private. There were no people around so you can enjoy it all by yourself. There were cottages for rent. It had a long stretch of white sand and trees by the coast.
Entrance Fee: PHP 20.00
An underwater cave in Camotes Island. The entrance looked unattractive but once you get inside the place, it’s the other way around. The cave had a pool with fresh water. It was not that well-lit, perfect for relaxation
The path going to the pool area was dark and slippery. Water were dripping all over the ceiling so make sure you protect your things from getting wet.
Entrance Fee: Php 25.00
A place for a stopover or a picnic. This resort is popular for cliff diving or snorkeling. It had a great view of the sea.
There were no lifeguards on site so make sure your driver / tour guide is a good swimmer just in case unforeseen things happen
A wide stretch of white sand in the island. A great place to take a walk or enjoy the beach. You can also try some local dishes or buy some souvenirs around the area.
View from Santiago Bay Resort
Next to the beach was another popular resort, Santiago Bay Resort. The pool was overlooking the beach surrounded with plants and next to a restaurant. The food listed on their menu was expensive. Their rooms did not come with breakfast but the price was way cheaper compared to Mangodlong Paradise Resort.
List of places we wanted to visit but wasn’t able to due to limited time:
- Bukilat Cave
- Timubo Cave
- Green Lake park
Other places to visit click here
Food: PHP 50.00-PHP 120.00/ dish
Fruit juice / smoothies: > PHP 30.00
Best enjoyed for dinner, surrounded with local restaurants serving seafood dishes and other Filipino cuisines. The prices were just right and the food was delicious.
Baywalk Local Food Stalls
There was a small food place near the Baywalk trail. They do not have a menu but you can choose the food you want to be grilled, either fish or meat. They also served ready-made home cooked food if you want a taste of their local dishes.
Menu: Everything grilled~
Food: PHP 10.00 – PHP 50.00
Drinks: PHP 20.00
Do try the native chicken soup and hanging rice (puso rice).
Other restaurants click here
From Danao port, you need to get a cycle rickshaw (trisikad) PHP 15.00 to the jeep terminal or wait for a bus from the highway.
Jeep to Cebu City: PHP 30.00 ( travel duration depends on the traffic)