- The room comes with free breakfast and 2 complimentary bottled water everyday.
- Room was small with TV, 1 queen size bed, table and chairs, closet and H/C shower
- Location of this hotel is only 2 blocks from Centrio Mall, 1 ride from Divisoria and PHP 60.00 taxi ride to Limketkai Mall
- Staffs were very friendly and the hotel surroundings is safe
- Clean and comfortable with good wifi connection
List of hotels click
More of CDO click
1st Rafting Adventure
Location: #86 Jongko Bldg.,Tiano hayes Street near Dynasty Court Hotel
- Cheaper than any other company offering the activity
- High-quality equipment, accommodating staffs and guide
- We decided to take the advanced course ( 21 rapids 3-4 hours with packed lunch – rice, pork with egg and bottled water). Free pick up from your hotel.
- Ask for Kuya Jojo as your guide. He is funny and talkative. Never a dull moment when he was our guide ( He also offers rappelling, mountain climbing, tour guiding or any adventure you can think of in the city)
PERMANENTLY CLOSED AS OF 2017
Location: Rosario Cres, Cagayan de Oro, 9000 Misamis Oriental Food: PHP 150.00 + Drinks: PHP 100 + This restaurant is near Limketkai Mall and in front of Kagay-anon Restaurant. La Vetta’s is well known for its delicious French sausages with a variety of bread to choose from. They also had pasta and different wines.
Location: Limketkai Center, Rosario Cres, Cagayan de Oro, 9000 Misamis Oriental
Food: PHP 140 +
Drinks: PHP 80 +
Known for its ostrich meat, seafood and Filipino cuisines. Their food were very delicious especially the seafood but the smoothies could have been better
Location: Limketkai Dr, Cagayan de Oro, 9000 Misamis Oriental
Ayala Centrio Mall
Location: Claro M. Recto Ave, Cagayan de Oro, 9000 Misamis Oriental
Location: Zone 3, Iligan-Cagayan de Oro-Butuan Road, Opol, 906 Misamis Oriental
Food: PHP 170/00 +
Their second branch is at Centrio Mall but I recommend to visit their main restaurant in Opol. Lobsters were very delicious but expensive. Their seafood were all fresh
– HOW TO GET THERE FROM THE CITY –
- Taxi: > PHP 250.00
- From City Center to Panagatan Restaurant: Take a jeep number B3 from Plaza Divisoria. Tell the jeepney driver / conductor to take you to a stop that has jeeps going to Bulua so you could go to Panagatan Restaurant. Take another jeep going to Opol. Restaurant located at your right side beside the highway.
- From Panagatan to City proper: Take any jeep from the highway and tell the conductor to stop at Bulua. Take another jeep going to Divisoria. From Divisoria take a motorella to your hotel.
Located: Pabayo Street, Yakapin Divisoria
Known for their original Sinuglaw ( sugba – grilled + kilaw – fish cooked in vinegar with coconut milk)
Food: PHP 50.00 +
Tips: A lot of locals eat here, sometimes they ran out of Sinuglaw
Local food click here
Food Guide click here
Places to see
Museo de Oro
Location: Xavier University External site
To the security guards I had an argument with… YOU CAN ALL EAT YOUR DAMN MUSEUM!!!
Do I need to say more?
Location: RN Abejuela Street, Tirso Neri St, Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental
Tourism office in the middle of Plaza Divisoria. You can ask directions and maps.
Museum of 3 cultures
Location: Inside Capitol University, Corrales/Osmena Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City, 9000
Opens: 9:00 am to 5:00pm
Entrance Fee: PHP 50.00
Other places to see: click here
Pastel in Cagayan de Oro
Location: Infront of Conchita Hotel
Price: PHP 5.00 higher than the original price in Camiguin Island
The most convenient way is to take a taxi from the city to the airport for PHP 450.00